A New Finish and a New Start

Well here I am blogging when I should be getting ready for work…  LOL.  I hate being on time.

I have a new finish to share as well as a new start.  I fell in love with this design when I saw it and I had to stitch it.  This is Miss Crescent’s Crowne “All in a Heart”.  I have a frame for it too.  I think I’m going to hang it in my kitchen.  I think it would look adorable in there since I just painted the walls a sage green and replaced the ceiling fan.  I’ll frame this pretty soon since I’m not using glass.

This design hardly took me any time at all.  I started it right before I went down to Charleston.

All in a Heart Finish

It was stitched in Crescent Colors cottons on some random piece of 32 ct Zweigart.

Then I started something that I’ve been wanting to start for  a long time.  I thought I’d have to order the fabric but it turns out I had a Fat Half in my stash (which I need to replace since it was for another project).  This is Sampler Cove “Spanish Rouge”.  I’m stitching it on 40 ct Lakeside Linen Magnolia (even though it calls for 36 ct).  I’m using the required fibers.  It’s stitched in Vikki Clayton silks.  She sent me single strand spools which are very handy!

Spanish Rouge as of March 28

I’m planning on finishing the cross stitch band and the row of alternating double backstitch which goes right below it before moving on to another project.  It’s been very soothing to work on so far because of the repeating pattern.  This chart has some specialty stitches in it as well as cross stitch.  I’ve been in love with the design for a long time.  I either wanted to start this or Amtrack but this won out.  I’m a sucker for reds.  I finished the one color red and now I’m filling in with the second color.  There are only 2 colors in this design.

Otherwise not much is new except I’m giving my kitchen a facelift.  I’ve painted the walls and ceiling and replaced the ceiling fan (which I did by myself).  All I have to do is give the kitchen a deep cleaning and make the drapes.  I got a great deal at Joann’s Fabric on the drapery fabric for the big recessed window over the sink.  I picked a fabric that was on sale for $6/yard and I had a 50% off coupon for the lining fabric so I got it for $3/yard.  All of the fabic and the thread only came to $27.  I still need a tension rod and rings but that’s it.  My kitchen was really horrible looking.  It was painted white with an old country type blue and green stencil around the top, blue ceiling fan and blue roll shade in the window.  It took six coats of primer to cover the stencil.  I’ll show a picture when it’s all done and clean.

Advertisements

3 Responses

  1. Congrats on your finish! That’s a lovely design. Great start on Spanish Rouge, too!

  2. Lovely finish!

  3. Congrats on the finish! I nominated you for a blog award. See my blog for details.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: